What we're looking for
We are on a mission to fix the broken places, repair and protect habitats, enhance environmental quality and build resilience in our communities. Do you want to help us with that? Our long-time and wonderful bookkeeper is going to retire and we need someone to help us keep the numbers straight. As well, there are many other ways you can play a role in this team, see below.
- Bookkeeping - We use Sage 50 (naturally). This includes small business payroll, invoicing, project performance metrics, financial statements, holiday and benefits tracking, and employee and project expenses
- Oversee reporting and payment of GST, and WCB
- Project support such as preparation of proposals and information coordination with technical leads.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Order supplies and maintain inventory, coordinate repairs to equipment
- Minor marketing such as document preparation and social media
- Other duties assigned by managers
- Experience with Sage 50 software
- Office administration certificate an asset
- Strong knowledge of/experience with Excel and Word
- Great organization, time and general management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role is an asset.
Wage and Benefits